Friday, February 1, 2013

Zucchini & Cinnamon Loaf



I'm an avid collector of recipes. I'm always cutting and copying recipes from magazines and books and filing them away in my recipe folder for a rainy day. To add to my problem I've started pinning recipes over on Pinterest too.

When I find a new recipe I add it to a plastic sleeve at the front of my recipe folder. Once I have made it (and I like it) it advances to the 'proper' part of my recipe folder. If I don't like it, it goes in the bin. So, I'm setting myself a challenge. I have to cook atleast 1 recipe from the front of my folder or from Pinterest each week. That shouldn't be too hard! Also, in the process I have to waste less food and try to use what I have available as much as possible.

So here I begin.....with this Zucchini & Cinnamon Loaf. I'm not too sure where this recipe came from but it's quite nice. It doesn't have a particularly strong flavour of any kind but it would be perfect served with butter and a drizzle of honey alongside a cup of warm tea. It is really quick and easy to make too and is perfect for using up that old zucchini in the bottom of the crisper (hence my reason for making it).

Ingredients:
2 cups S.R. flour (I used Orgran Gluten Free S.R. flour instead)
1 cup grated zucchini
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Butter, to serve
Honey, to serve

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Combine all of the ingredients (except for the butter and honey) in a bowl and mix until combined.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Once cooked, remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool further.
6. Serve warm, thickly sliced, with butter and a drizzle of honey.

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

1 comment:

  1. Oh snap! i totally made a zuchinni cake today too, but mine was chocolate and didn't have a gorgeous loveheart on it.
    I have a 'special' recipe box & only the BEST tried and tested recipes make it - oneday when my children (or grandchildren!) are looking for their favourites, they'll be all in one spot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...