Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lovin' the little things.....

{the Easter edition}

After some minor surgery to remove a cyst from one of my ovaries last week our long Easter weekend ended up being a relatively quiet one (for me anyway). For us, Easter is all about spending time with family, sharing a lovely long lunch home cooked by my Mum and brother. While I wasn't quite up to it this year, Blake and Millie enjoyed the festivities and my beloved Mum delivered my meal to our door - bless her heart. It was delicious, and just what the doctor ordered.

1. A little DIY table centrepiece. Foam eggs covered in washi tape. It doesn't get much easier than that.
2. I made Millie a linen bunny for Easter. I used the floral fabric in the photo to make a gathered skirt and a thrifted doily to make a lace collar. If you follow me on instagram you would have seen a photo of the finished product (@mooseandbird).
3. Part of my 'home delivered' Easter Sunday lunch. Eton Mess with Rhubarb, Strawberries, Raspberry Coulis and Toasted Almonds. The main meal was Lemon Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potato Wedges and a Pea, Bacon & Haloumi Warm Salad. It was the best lunch I've had in a long time.
4. Roses from our garden, a welcome addition to our kitchen bench.
5. My Mum made Millie this crochet Daisy Chain Necklace for Easter. She used the pattern kindly shared over on the Her Library Adventures blog. Handmade gifts are by far the best gifts of all.
6. Cute Easter packaging!

I trust your Easter was filled with sweet treats and loved ones.

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

5 comments:

  1. Your Easter looks lovely. Hope you are recovering and taking it easy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So lovely to see your new daisy chain! Love the pink! Looks like you had a beautiful Easter, I love those eggs, they look so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling a little but better after your op. the roses look lovely and the hand made crochet daisy chain is a wonderful gift. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil miss bunny ! I bet ur a treasure like another lil rosie bunny at our house.x sweet dreams clever mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're recovering well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...