Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Apple & Sour Cream Slice



Last week I made this slice as part of my one new recipe a week challenge. It is my Mum's recipe and the finished product was super delicious. Even Blake liked it, which is saying something because he's really not a cakey/slicey kind of person.

As usual, I made a gluten free version of the recipe.....

Ingredients:
Base
1 vanilla packet cake mix (I used a gluten free mix)
1 cup desiccated coconut
125g melted unsalted butter (I used nuttelex)

Topping
410g can pie apples
1 carton sour cream (I used a small tub of greek yoghurt)
1 egg
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200c and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. To make the base, combine the cake mix, coconut and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Transfer mixture to tin and press down to form a firm base.
3. To make the topping, mix together the apple, sour cream and egg. Pour the cream mixture over the base. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Bake for 40mins. Allow to cool before cutting into slices.

Have you been making anything scrummy this week? If so, leave me a link in the comments below so I can pop over and check it out.

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That looks so delicious.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like my kind of slice...i love apples, love sour cream or yoghurt in my slice, so this looks like a winner! Thanks so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lurve anything apple,looks delish, have been making yummy things lately and they on the website Balance online, check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...